This post is about the companies that helped make our wedding amazing. If you want to read about the wedding itself it is the next post down or you can click here.
My question to you all is have you ever been so content with the service someone provided you that you not only want to recommend them to all of your friends but you want to go beyond that? You want to advertise for them, proactively put their names in front of people in hopes that their good service is recognized and rewarded? If you have felt this way you already know why I am making this post. If you haven't then please understand. The folks I am going to comment on are the reason why our wedding went as well as it did. They all did a phenomenal job and I am incredibly grateful. I can only hope that someone planning a wedding in Cleveland, OH or the surrounding area googles the right keywords and finds this post.
First up - LaMalfa Party Center & Hotel
Our contact at LaMalfa was Marty LaMalfa. He worked with us over about six months to help plan and organize the entire reception. We originally sat down with Marty with only a few caveats, albiet very important ones. He worked with us on everything. When we wanted our own cake instead of theirs, he worked it into the contract.
The week leading up to the wedding we talked to Marty probably 3 or 4 times. Adding people, removing people, adding vegetarian meals, etc. All the while he didnt complain once and everything was taken care of.
The morning of the reception I brought over two large cookie platters and needed tables for them. Their staff took care of it. The hall was set up beautifully and everything was laid out as planned.
The night off the food was fantastic. The appetizers (although I didnt personally get anyway) were reportedly great. Apparently we even had a sushi bar we never asked for but our guests loved. The bar service was fantastic with friendly staff. Our head person, the MC if you will, worked with us the whole time and coordinated between us and the DJs. The entire staff knew us by name. They may seem like a small thing but for me to be called Mr. Schramm when i walk up to the bar, or speak to our waitress, just adds a nice touch. Plus it was the first time Amanda got to hear Mrs. Schramm.
All in all I couldnt be happier and while the hall was a bit more than other options I don't regret for one minute choosing them.
Marino Brothers DJ Service
Good music makes a good party and the guys at Marino Brothers know how to throw a good party. Marino gives you two DJs to keep the music going all night and the energy up. There was not a moment with an empty floor and when the floor was looking kinda sparse they pulled out some tricks to get it going again. Brilliant. They also spend a good amount of time on speaking with me before hand, letting me know how important the bride and groom are to keeping a party going and you know what... they were dead on. Whenever amanda and i stepped on the floor it filled back up. To the extent that as the night went on i kept a watch on it and if it was looking kinda sad I headed out there. I wouldnt have known to do that without the advice the guys at Marino have me.
Finally they worked with us all night, they cut songs, abbreviated others, changed entrance line up at the last minute and amazingly enough got EVERY SINGLE NAME RIGHT. Seriously every one. Some were easy (Johnson) but others (Saccone, Schramm, Tomaro, Cocuzzi) can be a bit tricky. They nailed them all which is small but important.
Again a bit more than other options but worth every penny.
McPeak Photography
I mentioned in my other post that we had a bit of a mishap with an injured photographer during the wedding. Despite this our other photographer Rick did a great job organizing all the pictures by himself, traveling to Chagrin and shooting out doors and taking lots of great shots at the reception.
They do great work and I say that having yet to see the finally proofed images. Finally unlike the last two these guys are actually underpriced, and they give you all the digital images to do with as you please. A great value and a great company.
Finally - Mr. A-1 Limo
Our limo company driver's name was Tim. To be honest I think we were a pretty easy group but he was curtious, helpful and generally fun to be with the whole time. He helped make that part of the day quite enjoyable and I'm quite happy we went with them.
Anyway I'm done with plugs for now. These guys deserve it though.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment