Thursday, September 4, 2008

Monthly Update Pt. 3

Well i promised three parts and now i have enough for 4 or 5. So ill just keep going eventually. This one is about the wedding shower that occurred a week or two after the last update.

Amanda's mom, her maid of honor Ashley, and several others were kind enough to organize a bridal shower for Amanda. Originally I was told it was a "girls only" kind of event but then the day of, after having planned a long afternoon of WoW grinding, i was told I had to attend. Blah oh well.

We got there about an hour before and I was put on camera duty which i failed miserably. Not only did i absolutely suck at recording stuff i never ended up pulling the video off of it before Amanda's mom and step dad took the camera back. One of these days ill borrow it again and resolve that issue but first I need to reinstall iMovie.

So people started arriving right about on time. Meanwhile i was filming the setup. Her mom and step dad did a great job of converting their garage into a nice area for a party. They borrowed picnic tables from the city of willowick and hung white sheets over every wall in the garage to hide the tools, lawn stuff, and what not. Food was set up inside mostly consisting of salads but also Anna's mom (anna is one of the bridesmaids) brought some italian pasta thing called capellis or something like that. Basiclaly little balls of pasta dough in sauce. Delicious.

I spent most of the dinner part sitting at a table eating chatting with Sarah (of Kevin and Sarah fame)

Following dinner were your typical bridal shower games. Another version of the 20 questions game my sister did at the previous shower this time sans gum. However i was also there this time to film the answers. Most of the questions that were possible for Amanda to know she did so that's good. There were a few thrown in there that I don't think anyone could guess about me. The next game I remember (although i think im missing one) involved her wearing an apron with random kitchen stuff (a stereotype i greatly enjoy and condone :-) and people had to memorize what items were there and list them. Then there was present bingo which brings us to the fun part.

I love presents. I especially love presents that I thought of. Now, i can't claim credit for putting the specific items on the registry, mainly because we registered at target then moved it all to bed bath and beyond when we read about targets previously abysmal return policy. Anyway items I wanted - new knife set, food processor and something else. We also got a carpet cleaner which is really nice when you have a dog. Amanda got her kitchenaid mixer (and used it the other day.) Besides that we got a metric ton of little stuff, a nice contribution toward the "buy a grill when we get a house" fund, some hand made quilts, 3 of the same clock (we returned 2 the other day) and a few other things. Did i mention i love presents?

Also kevin and sarah told us a few months back that as the wedding got closer our apartment would look like a bomb went off. I have to say, they were correct. We had a lot of boxes in there the next day.

At this point most of it has been put away or sent for storage at amanda's mom's basement.

Today marks one month out. Yesterday we did seating charts for everyone we know is coming and those people who we still havent heard from. Tomorrow we go to get our marriage license and sometime in the next week we have to put together favors, pick readings and music and mail off any last minute paper work. Getting close and to be honest the only thing im nervous about is what we have left to do.

Anyway next post will probably be about the debaucherous weekend in put in bay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your wedding Josh, I'm really happy for you. I hope you two have a good life together. Dan and I are planning to get married sometime next year in West Virginia.