Monday, May 19, 2008

Recent Happenings

There havent been many really. I've been really boring lately but i guess a few things happened this weekend so I might as well post.

This past Thursday was Amanda and my 1 yr. Hense the sappy post the other day with comments disabled. We went out to dinner. Amusingly enough i got her a jewelry box from things remembered and she got me a pocket watch from the same. We also almost ended up buying the same card but alas she choose a different one.

Friday was semi-rediculous. Amanda's friend Ashley decided to take us out to dinner to celebrate Amanda's birthday (which was sunday.) We went to cheesecake factory and decided while at dinner that we were going to go out to the bars that evening. So we came back, had a couple drinks at the apartment then called a cab and went to downtown willoughby at like 1030. We stopped at 1899 to watch the cavs win game 6, play some pool. Then we headed to willoughby brewing company where it was the typical 30+ crowd. We left and went to mullarkeys. Now I'm a fan of this place. Irish bar but this time no irish music (thank god.) As i was heading to the bathroom i noticed a sign that suggested fishbowls were now being offered. So i ordered one and sure enough, a reasonable facimile of the fieldhouse fishbowls. Sat around and tipped that back with 2 other friends of amanda's. After wards we headed to John's cafe. Here i played a round of flip cup with some people i don't know and then we had to leave because someone in the party (not I or amanda) was literally falling over herself. After being told by a bouncer that said individual might get arrested if we don't get her up we headed to the cab.

When i woke up the next morning our shower curtain rod was torn from the wall and in the tub, the lamp next to my bed was broken (again) and my laptop was missing. I found the laptop ( i had taken it to amanda's desk in fear that the aforementioned drunk person might knock it over.) I put the shower curtain back up but im going to need to buyt a new one and put new anchors in the wall. The lamp is still broken but it isnt like it broke and cant be fixed. I just need to pull the broken light bulb out and unbend the lamp shade.

Amanda spent most of saturday dead to the world asleep. For the most part i was fine. The only interesting part of saturday was having to drive amanda to work at 9 so she could set up the store before a friend came in and opened for her. I ended up doing most of the opening, setting up the tables, counting the register and whatever else.

I played WoW most of Saturday and logged out at 130 with amanda asleep on my couch in the office. As i was going to bed i sat down to read a bit of my book and was suddenly hit by the symptoms of a migraine. Yay. Fortunatley i was going to bed anyway so i spent most of saturday night back and forth between bed and the bathroom being sick. I eventually got enough sleep to work off the main symptoms by 9am the next day.

Sunday was amanda's birthday (as i previously mentioned.) I got her a couple gift cards and a copy of the american idol game for xbox 360. She had mentioned wanting that a couple times after seeing it at joe's but in retrospect i suppose i should have found something else. Oh well. At about noon amanda went to her mom's for lunch and i passed on account of the not feeling too well still from the night before. She brought back food for me (which was really good) and then went shopping. I played WoW most of sunday too.

That's pretty much it. Her birthday was really low key and i kinda felt bad we didn't do more but oh well.

3 comments:

Rajeev said...

I bought the girl the AI game when it came out and she has been playing that non-stop. For example, tonight she played that game for around two hours (and I got no GTA4 in). I don't know how her voice does not give out. By the by, you cannot use the XBL mic as your secondary mic for the duets (which sucks).

Unknown said...

The Rock Band mic does work, though.

Benjamin P Lee said...

congrats by the way


oh and if you need a "new name" call it Tiny