It'd been a little under a month since I last updated and that was a movie review. Normally i talk about crap that's going on but it's been pretty busy and I've been pretty unmotivated so I haven't posted. Oh well. Oh and there was some happenings with some folks finding my old blog and being upset about stuff I posted so I guess i cooled it a bit because of that too.
That said I'll briefly address that first because well, chances are they still are checking this site and if there's an elephant in the room.....
On my old blog I posted an experience i had a few months back. As always with this site I was completely honest about how i felt. Also like i typically do i tried to avoid mentioning specific names. I figure i can be honest without embarrassing people and I think this particular story was a great illustration of why I do that. You see I had just met someone and was offended by something they did. It upset me and to be perfectly honest I think I had a right to be upset, at the time. It has been almost a year since then and my opinion or impression of this person is nothing like it was that day. I don't dislike them or feel any animosity towards them and if anything they have been entirely gracious in the time in between. So I formally apologize if what I wrote offended, that was not my intention. However I was asked a couple times to remove posts and at this point I'm not comfortable doing that. I don't lie in my posts and I try not to sensationalize things, so if I write that I was upset, I was, and I don't think that's wrong. Anyway I had to address that so now let's move on shall we?
Where did we leave off in the wild and crazy adventures of my life /sarcasm.
The first major thing I can recall happening after the movie was going to Toledo for a weekend for wedding shower #1, so I guess that's where I'll begin.
So i forget what the date was but a couple weeks back we headed to Toledo for a shower put together by my Sister. Having gotten quite tired of Cleveland we left as soon as possible on Friday and took Lola with us. We arrived at my fathers to find that his new girlfriend apparently enjoys cleaning. We had never seen his place as spotless as it was. Better yet the pull out couch was plastic free. Allow me to explain. My dad has had the same pull out couch for going on eight years. In that time he has NEVER removed the protective plastic cover on the mattress. Without going into detail he always subscribed to the belief that it prevented stains. What kind of stains we shall leave to the readers imagination. Anyway it turns out the new g/f made him take it off and in a typically male fashion he caved while clinging onto his mancard by storing the plastic for "future use." (I suspect it has been thrown away by now) Its amazing how comfortable that couch is without crinkling as you move.
We did very little that weekend. Friday night we stayed in and relaxed. Saturday morning Amanda met my Sister and my niece at the bridal shop to get my sister's dress. While they shopped Joe and i went to the Beer Stube and had a beverage or three. We spent a lot of time bullshitting about the normal topics, tech, work, politics, etc and headed back. Saturday night Joe had a cookout with two of Jamie's friends and invited Amanda and I to join. The night was spent playing rock band mostly which I throughly enjoyed. I find drumming in that game more fun as time goes on and am looking forward to Rock Band 2.
Sunday was the shower. We arrived at the restaurant which had graciously lent us the facilities at about a hour prior to the start. My sister had mentioned her plan to be there about two hours prior in order to set up. Well as tradition dictated Amanda and I arrived before her as she was delayed due to unforseen circumstances (*cough* my mom is slow *cough*.) So we spend a frantic hour cleaning, setting up, and generally getting ready. Amanda's mom and maid of honor arrived about a half hour before the official start and we put them to work. The rest of the "crowd" came just on time and we had just finished. However I was asked to leave and pick up an item of questionable nature.
You see my sister thought it was necessary to have one embarrasing gift for amanda in the tune of a "Nighty" but given her late arrival it was suddently thrust upon me to go purchase this item. Being the good guy that I am i decided facing such embarrasment of shopping in the womans underware department by myself would not fly, so I made Joe and my cousin Wyatt go with me. Even more amusing is the quality store said item was purchases at, the local Wal-Mart. Now I don't know if you have ever parused a Wal-Mart of semi-sexy apparal but if you have not I shall save you the trouble, it doesn't exist. Facing a delima of indecisiveness we called in reinforcements, namely Joe's wife who happened to be in the store at the same time. Having picked a style I was not faced with the difficult decision of what size to choose. Knowing i had close to a 75% chance of error i decided to err on the side of what I thought would be possibly too small (and i was correct, it was too small.) I figured picking too small carried less a chance of couch sleeping than too large (I was also correct on this.)
After the new purchase was dropped off Wyatt Joe and I went to Tony Packos for food and drinks and to meet Wyatt's cousin (on the other side of his family)
The shower apparently went well, food was enjoyed, gifts were receieved. The highlighting gift of this shower for me was the stainless steel Pot and Pan set we had on our registry. I have yet to use most of them but I was very much looking forward to them. Also Amanda was able to recant the story of the apartment fire to my family so that's nice.
We headed back shortly after the shower and picking the dog up from my dads. Speaking of Lola it's likley she didn't enjoy the trip all that much. It turns out my dad's girlfriend isnt a big fan of dogs so lola spent most of her time in the cage. She's typically quite calm in the cage but not when she can hear other people outside of it and she's locked in so she barked alot. This lead to her being in the cage with a muzzle on, a combination that upset me. I don't think she'll be making the trip to Toledo with us anytime soon. Oh well.
So that was the toledo shower. I still have the hospital trips we took and wedding we attended and the other wedding shower from this past weekend to talk about but i think we shall make those part 2 and 3.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So I probably spent a good 90 seconds looking through your old posts to figure it out. I'm stumped. If you see a lot more hits on your google analytics you'll know why now.
I was highly amused by the shower story. You need to post more often.
lingerie shopping? easy!
step 1: get an empty victoria's secret bag (you might have to buy something there)
step 2: say "i bought you something -- don't take it out now, but try it on for me later."
step 3: win!
lol trust me has a victoria's secret been within spitting distance of the shower i would have been there instead.
It wouldn't be as good a story if you had gone to a Victoria's Secret. The only place that could possibly improve the story is a Salvation Army.
Post a Comment